IF YOU ARE USING THE ONLINE PROPERTIES ON BEHALF OF A COMPANY OR OTHER ORGANIZATION, THEN YOU REPRESENT THAT YOU HAVE THE LEGAL AUTHORITY TO BIND SUCH ORGANIZATION TO THESE TERMS OF SERVICE.
If you are an agent of Palomar, certain agent-specific terms and conditions may apply to you and may supersede these Terms of Service.
Some portions of this site are restricted and require authorization for access. Unauthorized use of or access to these areas is prohibited. Actual or attempted unauthorized use of or access to such areas may result in criminal and/or civil prosecution. Attempts to access such areas without authorization may be viewed, monitored, and recorded. Any information obtained may be given to law enforcement organizations in connection with any investigation or prosecution of possible criminal activity on this system. If you are not an authorized user of such areas or do not consent to continued monitoring, you should not attempt to access such areas.
Jurisdictional Issues; Compliance with Laws. The Online Properties are controlled and operated from the United States, and are not intended to subject Palomar to the laws or jurisdiction of any state, country or territory other than that of the United States. The Online Properties and Products (as defined below) may not be appropriate or available for use in some non-U.S. jurisdictions. You must comply with all applicable laws, rules and regulations in using the Online Properties and Products.
Rules of Conduct. You must not post, transmit or otherwise make available any materials through or in connection with the Online Properties that may be illegal or objectionable to Palomar; or use the Online Properties in any manner that may be illegal or objectionable to Palomar.
- Prohibited materials include, without limitation: any computer code, file, or program that is or may be harmful or invasive or intended to damage or hijack the operation of, or to monitor the use of, any hardware, software or equipment.
- Prohibited activities include, without limitation:
- harvesting or collecting information about users of the Online Properties;
- interfering with or disrupting the operation of the Online Properties or the servers or networks used to make the Online Properties available;
- exploiting any portion of (or using) the Online Properties except as expressly authorized herein;
- reverse engineering, decompiling or disassembling any portion of the Online Properties, except where such restriction is expressly prohibited by applicable law; and
- using any robot, spider, site search/retrieval application or other manual or automatic device to retrieve, index, “scrape,” “data mine,” or otherwise gather content of the Online Properties, or reproduce or circumvent the navigational structure or presentation of the Online Properties.
DISCLAIMER. The Online Properties may make available listings, links, services, and descriptions and images of goods or services (collectively, “Products”). Such Products may be made available by third parties (“Third Party Products”). THE ONLINE PROPERTIES AND ANY PRODUCT AND THIRD PARTY PRODUCTS ARE MADE AVAILABLE TO YOU “AS IS” WITHOUT ANY WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR STATUTORY. PALOMAR DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES WITH RESPECT TO THE ONLINE PROPERTIES AND ANY PRODUCTS AND THIRD PARTY PRODUCTS TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMISSIBLE UNDER APPLICABLE LAW, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION: THAT THE ONLINE PROPERTIES WILL BE UPDATED, COMPLETE, CORRECT, OR SECURE; AND THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, NON-INFRINGEMENT AND TITLE. ALL DISCLAIMERS OF ANY KIND (INCLUDING IN THIS SECTION AND ELSEWHERE IN THESE TERMS OF SERVICE) ARE MADE ON BEHALF OF BOTH PALOMAR AND ITS AFFILIATES AND THEIR RESPECTIVE SHAREHOLDERS, DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AFFILIATES, AGENTS, REPRESENTATIVES, LICENSORS, SUPPLIERS AND SERVICE PROVIDERS (COLLECTIVELY, THE “AFFILIATED ENTITIES”).
Use of Third Party Products. YOUR USE OF THIRD PARTY PRODUCTS IS SUBJECT TO ANY ADDITIONAL TERMS, CONDITIONS AND POLICIES APPLICABLE TO SUCH THIRD PARTY PRODUCTS (SUCH AS TERMS OF SERVICE OR PRIVACY POLICIES OF THE PROVIDERS OF SUCH THIRD PARTY PRODUCTS).
Registration; User Names and Passwords. You may need to register to use all or part of the Online Properties. Unauthorized access or use of such portions of the Online Properties is prohibited. Your user name and password are for your personal use only and should be kept confidential and secure. You must promptly notify Palomar of any confidentiality breach or unauthorized use of your user name or password, or your account.
Transactions. Palomar may make available the ability to make payments in connection with certain Products through the Online Properties (a “Transaction”). If you wish to make a Transaction, you may be asked to supply certain relevant information, such as your credit card number and its expiration date, your billing address and your shipping information. YOU REPRESENT AND WARRANT THAT YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO USE ANY CREDIT CARD THAT YOU SUBMIT IN CONNECTION WITH A TRANSACTION. By submitting such information, you grant to Palomar the right to provide such information to third parties for purposes of facilitating Transactions. You agree to pay all charges incurred by you or on your behalf through the Online Properties, at the prices in effect when such charges are incurred. In addition, you are responsible for any taxes applicable to your Transactions. While it is our practice to confirm orders and payments by e-mail, the receipt of an e-mail confirmation does not constitute our acceptance of an order or payment, or our confirmation of an offer to sell a Product.
Proprietary Rights. The Online Properties are protected by proprietary rights and laws. You may refer to, copy and use material on the Online Properties for personal, non-commercial purposes only and provided that your copies retain all copyright, trademark and other proprietary notices that appear on the original screens. Palomar and the Palomar logo are registered trademarks of Palomar Specialty Insurance Company in the U.S. Other trademarks, service marks, trade names, logos, URLs, domain names and icons appearing on the Online Properties, whether registered or not, are owned by Palomar or the Affiliated Entities. As between you and Palomar, all aspects of the Online Properties are proprietary to Palomar. Nothing contained on the Online Properties should be construed as granting any intellectual property rights to the Online Properties (or any portion thereof), including any right to use any of the trademarks appearing on the Online Properties, without the express prior written consent of the owner.
Indemnity. Except to the extent prohibited under applicable law, you agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless Palomar and the Affiliated Entities from and against all claims, losses, costs and expenses (including attorneys’ fees) arising out of (a) your use of, or activities in connection with, the Online Properties (including all Submissions); and (b) any violation or alleged violation of these Terms of Service by you.
- How we use personal information collected
- How Personal Information May Be Disclosed
- Information about third-party sites that might collect information
- Our contact information
- Policy revision date
This Privacy statement applies solely to data collected via the Site. There may be additional personal (and other) information that we have or collect about you or your company pursuant to other relationships, which is subject to other agreements and rules.
- Palomar may also use pixel tags, web beacons, or other similar technologies (each, a “Tag”). We use Tags to track the actions of website users and email recipients, measure the success of our communications, compile statistics about website usage and response rates, and gauge the age ranges of the audience which viewed the videos on this website.
- During the quoting and claims process or while managing an existing account with Palomar, customers may be asked to divulge information such as their legal name, address, phone number, e-mail address, social security number, driver’s license number, date of birth, credit card information, family member information, or other personal statements of fact. In addition, we may collect data from third parties, including but not limited to, consumer reports that provide us with driving records, claim histories, and credit information. We use this information to provide customers with accurate quotes, underwrite and rate a policy, process claims, ensure appropriate billing, or provide general service to your account.
- When you disclose personal information (customer information that is not public) to us or we obtain it from third parties, it remains with us. Palomar will not sell, trade, or rent any personal information about you to companies or organizations outside of Palomar except as permitted by law. We restrict access to nonpublic personal information about you to employees who need to know that information, and we also inform our employees about the need to protect your personal information. Finally, whenever we share your personal information with organizations that provide support services, we also require them to protect your personal information.
- We have established physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect your personal information. Our site is protected with a variety of security measures such as change control procedures, passwords, and physical access controls. We also employ a variety of other mechanisms to ensure that data you provide is not lost, misused, or altered inappropriately. These controls include data confidentiality policies and regular database backups.
- This site contains a number of links to other sites. Palomar is not responsible for the security or privacy practices of these sites, the products or services offered by these sites, or the content appearing at these sites. Palomar does not endorse any of the products or services marketed at these other sites.
If you submit any Personal Information relating to other people to us or to our service providers, you represent that you have the authority to do so and to permit us to use the information in accordance with this Online Privacy Statement.
We will not sell, rent, trade, loan, lease, or otherwise disclose any personal information we collect from you to anyone, for any reason. We will hold the information that you submit to us with the utmost care and keep it strictly confidential, including policy and submission information. This ensures the privacy of your account information.
How We May Use Personal Information
We may use Personal Information:
- To provide a quote, underwrite and rate policies, respond to your inquiries, fulfill your requests, and complete your transactions
- To process claims
- To service your insurance
- To monitor calls and transactions to ensure service quality, compliance with procedures and to combat fraud
- To confirm or correct what we know about you
- To help us prevent fraud and other crimes
- (c) to recover any payments due to us and where necessary to enforce such recovery through the engagement of debt collection agencies or taking other legal action (including the commencement and carrying out of legal and court proceedings);
- To comply with applicable laws
- To perform research or send you surveys
- To send you information that we believe may be of interest to you
- To personalize your experience on the Services
- To facilitate social sharing functionality
- To allow you to participate in sweepstakes, contests and similar promotions and to administer these activities. Some of these activities have additional rules, which could contain additional information about how we use and disclose Personal Information, so we suggest that you read these rules carefully.
- To allow you to send messages to a friend through the Services. By using this functionality, you are telling us that you are entitled to use and provide us with your friend’s name and email address.
- To inform you of job opportunities and to evaluate your suitability for a job
- To contact you at a telephone number you provide to us, including if the number is for a cell phone or other wireless device. We may contact you in person, by recorded message, by the use of automated dialing equipment, by text (SMS) message, or by any other means of communication your device is capable of receiving, as allowed by law and for reasonable business purposes, including to service your policy with us.
- For our business purposes.
- As otherwise allowed by law.
How Personal Information May Be Disclosed
Your Personal Information may be disclosed:
- Within the Palomar family of companies
- To third parties to help us manage or service our business. These third parties can include but are not limited to agents or brokers, other insurance companies, regulators, administrators, and service providers that provide services such as website hosting, data analysis, payment processing, information technology and related infrastructure provision, email delivery and other services.
- To insurance support organizations and consumer reporting agencies. Information that we share with these organizations, such as your claims history, may be retained by them and disclosed to others.
- To third parties so that they can market their products and services to you, if you have given us permission
- By you, on message boards, chat, profile pages and blogs and other services to which you are able to post information and materials (including, without limitation, our Social Media Pages). Please note that any information you post or disclose through these services will become public information, and may be available to users of the Services and to the general public. We urge you to be very careful when deciding to disclose your Personal Information, or any other information, on the Services
- To a third party in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings)
- As we believe to be necessary or appropriate: (a) under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities including public and government authorities outside your country of residence; (d) to enforce our terms and conditions; (e) to protect our operations; (f) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of you or others; (g) to detect and prevent fraud; and (h) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain
- As otherwise allowed by law
Applicable data protection laws may give you the right to access certain personal information held about you. We will comply with our obligations to provide you with access to your personal information and to rectify any inaccuracies we are informed of in accordance with applicable data protection laws. Where permitted to do so, complying with your request may be subject to a fee to meet our associated costs.
Third Party Services
This website may contain links to other third party websites. If you follow a link to any of those third party websites, please note that they have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for their policies or processing of your personal information.
This Online Privacy Statement does not address, and we are not responsible for, the privacy, information or other practices of any third parties, including any third party operating any site or service to which the Services link. The inclusion of a link on the Services does not imply endorsement of the linked site or service by us.
California and Nevada residents: Please see the link for our Palomar California and Nevada Supplemental Privacy Notice
Updates to this Online Privacy Statement
We may change this Online Privacy Statement at any time. Please take a look at the “Revised” legend at the top of this page to see the date of the last revision. Any changes will become effective when we post the revised Online Privacy Statement on the Services. Your use of the Services following these changes means that you accept the revised Online Privacy Statement.
If you have any questions about this Privacy Statement, the practices of this site, or your dealings with this web site, you may contact:
Palomar Privacy Coordinator
Email – [email protected]
Phone – 619-573-6375
Address – 7979 Ivanhoe Avenue, Suite 500, La Jolla, CA 92037